Why Celibacy?Regular price $ 24.95
"The Church today demands a profound renewal of celibate priesthood and the fatherhood to which it is ordered."
Priestly celibacy, some say, is an outdated relic from another age. Others see it as a lonely way of life.
But as Fr. Carter Griffin argues in Why Celibacy?: Reclaiming the Fatherhood of the Priest, the ancient practice of celibacy, when lived well, helps a priest exercise his spiritual fatherhood joyfully and fruitfully. Along the way, Griffin explores:
- the question of optional celibacy
- some pitfalls of celibate paternity
- the selection and formation of candidates for celibate priesthood
- why biological fathers are also called to spiritual fatherhood
- the powerful impact of celibacy on the Church and the wider culture
In a critical moment for the Catholic priesthood, Fr. Griffin brings light and hope with a new perspective on the Church's perennial wisdom on celibacy.