Thinking Like JesusRegular price $ 14.95
Too often we are late in realizing that we mishandled a situation, causing both resentment and frustration. But what if you could approach every situation with the mind of Christ?
Distilled from his decades of experience as a clinical psychologist and a practicing Catholic, Dr. Ray Guarendi, popular radio and TV host, offers here dozens of bite-sized reflections that combine sound spiritual advice with the best of modern psychology.
Dr. Ray will help you address countless daily problems and create a plan of action for your most common troubles. With his trademark frankness and humor, Dr. Ray tackles all the topics that too often bring confusion and heartache, including:
- What to do when youâ€™re easily offended
- Common excuses parents make for bad behavior in their childrenâ€”and themselves
- The difference between speaking your mind and losing your emotions.
- The fine line between being a confident evangelist and being a jerk?
- What you should do when emotions overwhelm you?
- How to hold your children to high standards without causing resentment
- The difference between making an excuse and justifying an action
- How to tell people youâ€™re angry without being nasty about it.
- What true humility is â€“ and isnâ€™t.
Thinking Like Jesus is more than a self-help book. It will place you firmly into the mindset of a disciple of Christ so you can focus your attention on God and, ultimately, what it will take to spend eternity with Him in heaven.