On the Call to Holiness in Today's WorldRegular price $ 7.95
In his third apostolic exhortation, Pope Francis re-proposes the call to holiness in a practical way for our time. Pope Francis speaks directly to your heart, challenging you with a fresh approach to the holiness that is the hallmark of the saints, and at the same time reachable for all of us.
"I like to contemplate the holiness present in the patience of God's people: in those parents who raise their children with immense love, in those men and women who work hard to support their families, in the sick, in elderly religious who never lose their smile. In their daily perseverance I see the holiness of the Church militant. Very often it is a holiness found in our next-door neighbors, those who, living in our midst, reflect God's presence. We might call them 'the middle class of holiness'" (no. 7).
You will find yourself encouraged and supported by his witty and insightful advice, and you'll be encouraged by this assurance that in holiness we will find our true happiness.
Gaudete et Exsultate teaches that:
- No matter where grace finds you today, holiness is within reach! Chapter One clearly shows how we can all live our daily lives with simplicity, beauty, and holiness.
- Two subtle enemies of holiness are still with us: Gnosticism and Pelagianism. Chapter Two shows how to spot the contemporary manifestations of these two ancient heresies.
- The beatitudes run counter to the way our world typically does things. Three offers a fresh perspective on the beatitudes, teaching that they unsettle us and demand real change in the way we live our lives.
- There are spiritual attitudes within the framework of the beatitudes necessary for living the way of life to which God has called us. Chapter Four offers five great expressions of love for God and our neighbors that Pope Francis considers particularly important in today's culture.
- The Christian life is a constant battle. Chapter Five outlines a renewed perspective on spiritual combat and discernment to enable us to live in the light of the Lord.