Uncommon VirtueRegular price $ 17.95
Fr. Raoul Plus – one of the most popular Catholic authors of the twentieth century – explains how the practice of everyday virtues ― gratitude, moderation, patience in suffering, pity for the afflicted, making good use of time ― is essential to producing supernatural benefits.
Filled with inspiring real-world examples of heroic men and women throughout history, this book teaches you how to develop the essential habits you need to become a saint in these times. You’ll learn how to develop an attitude of gratitude like the saints in Heaven and how to cultivate a spiritual life that will make you more productive.
Through these true stories of valor, you will pick up the necessary wisdom to “work out” your salvation, through the grace of the sacraments, in accordance with your state in life. This commonsense approach to Catholic spirituality will help you become the saint you are meant to be.
Although some souls are chosen to manifest heroism, Fr. Plus poses the question: “In our times, should not all souls be chosen souls or become such?” This book will show you how to help authentically transform the world, whether in sickness or in health. “Every Christian can be a redeemer, a savior, a repairer with Christ.” In fact, reflects Fr. Plus, they must be. He'll also show you the benefits of:
- Thanking God, for growth in adoring love and for opening your heart to increased blessings
- Cultivating interior silence and fostering receptivity to the gift of contemplation
- Forfeiting time in order to reflect and focus on what is most important
- Avoiding cowardice, boldly living the gospel, and enduring persecution
- Offering up daily trials for our country, learning to overcome fear, and making sacrifices with joy
- Making reparation to the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus, who is often forgotten and unloved