Attaining Heaven: What it is and How to Get ThereRegular price $ 15.95
Here, Dr. Kevin Vost provides you with 12 essential life lessons, culled from the writings of St. Thomas Aquinas. Together these lessons will elevate your mind, enrich your spirit, and teach you how to participate fully in the universal vocation to holiness and happiness.
Distilling Thomas’s timeless and unparalleled spiritual wisdom, Vost shows you:
- The things you must believe, know, and desire in order to be saved (and how to thoroughly attend to these in your daily life)
- Why you must be religious and not merely “spiritual”
- How sloth in particular can blind you to the highest meaning of life (and which virtues supply the antidote)
- The surprising and dreadful effects of wrath in your life
- How to recognize injustices you may be committing daily—and how to train yourself to fight those impulses
- How to free yourself from the crushing yoke of envy
- How and why you should be your own best friend
- Which virtues you need so you can hate the sin while loving the sinner
- Why you should care about angels
- What you need to know about the saints in order to become one
These 12 life lessons from St. Thomas Aquinas will help you cultivate a rich, robust faith life that will bring you into closer communion with God and beckon others to follow. With the help of Vost and Thomas, you’ll soon find yourself confidently and happily living in imitation of Our Lord, the Way, the Truth, and the Life for all men.